The always controversy legalization of Marijuana remains an issue on a State-by-State basis. Now a couple of more States continue to look at this issue and question the authority of the Federal Government. What are the issues?
- States Rights vs. Federal law
- Individual Rights of consumption
- Money – lots of M-O-N-E-Y, State taxes via special taxing and sales taxes
- Reduction of cases in the Prosecutors Office and on the Courts
- Public demand vs. law enforcements capabilities to enforce
- Development of new industries for farmers, wholesalers and retailers
The stakes are high (no pun intended) and so is the revenue.